In August, we found a 3.2 cm cyst on an

In August, we found a 3.2 cm cyst on an ovary. In mid-October we'll look again to see if it's there, has grown, or has shrunk.

Meanwhile, I've spent my entire deductible in 2018 on trying to find out why I have this lower abdominal pain. My appendix was removed 25 years ago otherwise I'd suspect the appendix as the cause. The only other thing in that area is the right ovary. Right?

Today, I asked my doc if we could run this test called CA125 and she declined, doesn't want to do it.

I'm 34 years old with low right abdominal pain persistent for months, my periods have changed recently, and I've lost 30 pounds this year without trying. I'm surprised she doesn't want to run the test. I’d like your opinion on what is the best path forward. Do I need that test or is there no reason to do it?
Sat, 29 Sep 2018