Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

I have high resting heart rate

I'm a 37, 6ft, 215lbs. During a my annual physical last year I found out that I have boarderline high blood pressure (120/84) and high cholesterol. Over the last year I have noticed that my legs tend to fall asleep more frequently then ever in the past. One year ago my resting heart rate was always near 90. Recently it is always between 100-110. I ride a recumbent bike and use an elliptical. During exercise my heart rate reaches 150-160. I have a routine physical scheduled for Feb 27. Do I need to see a Dr. before my appointment
Wed, 3 Feb 2010
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. The normal resting heart rate is between 60 to 100 beats per minute.. It is normal physiological response to increase  the heart rate during exercise and other state such as anxiety and so on.. The rest of the condition are pathological.. It is not  a bad idea to consult a doctor before the routine physical check up...

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor