Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

I have high blood pressure at age 19

hi. i v taken a blood pressure test where u put your arm through that thing and it inflates around your forearm , well every time i v taken the test it shows my blood pressure is in the 144-148 range. Should I take tthis seriously and go to the doctor or what? What are the accuracy of these things?
Fri, 5 Aug 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Welcome to Health Care Magic,
Taking accurate blood pressure is not so easy as it seems.blood pressure is not only related to inflations.
I would suggest you to have your blood pressure checked by a physician and if really that high the doctor will prescribe you the required medicines and will inform you about the necessry precautions.Till than to be on a afer saide avoid salt and heavy exercise.better visit your doctor.
Take care
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor