Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

I have had 2 blackouts. Which specialist should I meet ?

I am 40 yrs old, male. I have had 2 blackouts - loss of conciousness (accompanied by a fall) - one 7 months back and the second 2 days back. I would like to consult a specialist for a checkup and to determine reasons for such blackouts. Which specialist should I meet and who are the best people at Chennai for such consultation.
Asked On : Wed, 7 Jul 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  160
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi,Prabhu,thanks for query.First of all rather then going for specialist right away,please see your family physician first.After examination he will have rough idea of problem then as per need ,he may refer your to a neurophysician for further evaluation.Please do not ignore this as this can lead to problems.
wishing you good health.
Answered: Wed, 7 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor