I have got dark circles, is there any way to get rid of it?

Mon, 3 Oct 2011
Drug/Medication ,  
HI
dark circle has many reason
u should do-
-drink plenty of water
-avoid late night sleeping
-take 7-8 hr sleep
-be relax,try to lower stress,if any.
-eat green veg and fruits
-avoid direct sun exposure
-apply good sun screen twice a day
-better to consult dermatologist
-u can apply niltan cream at night
-peeling,laser,microderma can be useful

dr gaurav patel
shahibaug,ahmedabad
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurang Krishna's  Response
Hello Nagaveni,
Treating dark circles has a multimodal approach.
As dr patel said, there are many treatment options, but most of them do not work well when used alone. see a dermat..and he will explain you in detail
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Hi!nagaveni,
Welcome To HealthcareMagic forum,

Dark circles is multi factorial,there is no one reason to it..and thats the reason even the treatment has to be a combination of few things .Common reasons for dark circles are iron deficiency,lack of sleep,stress,thin skin around the eyes(fine lines),less water intake,any chronic illness,excess sun exposure,familial etc.
Various treatments available are-chemical peels, hydroquinone cream,tretinoin cream,kojic acid,vit c creams etc.Latest would be use of small tiny injections which would help filling the sunken area around the eyes.Also one can try lasers which are specific for pigmentation like Q-switched Nd:yag laser (1064nm).
Along with this improve your sleeping habits ,drink plenty of water ,use a good sunscreen daily and follow healthy life style .
You should understand that you may not get 100% result with any of the methods ,but improvement is what you should look at and try maintain what results you get.
Consult a dermatologist who can analyse all the causes and has latest facilities for the same.
regards,
Dr.chawda