I have a question regarding the appendix, recent research has

I have a question regarding the appendix, recent research has shown that parkinsons could potentially start in the appendix and that people that have had their appendix removed have a lower chance of developing the disease. I watched my grandad go through parkinsons and as anyone knows saying it's heart breaking is and understatement. Because of this I'm enquiring into pretty much anyway the reduce my risks of getting parkinsons and was wondering if it's actually possible to voluntarily have your appendix removed or do you physically have to have appendicitis to have it taken out?
Fri, 9 Nov 2018