• question-icon

I get horrible nausea, headaches, and shiftiness in my head. What can I take for remedy?

i am trying to wean myself off of Paxil and everyday starting at about 2:00 I get horrible nausea , headaches, and shiftiness in my head. How long will this last and what can I take for remedy? I wAs taking 20 mg a day but for about a month now I have cut it down to 10 mg. Eventually I will cut that dosage in half , and so on, until I am completely off the medicine. I am female, 38 , with a history of depression . I hate the way Paxil makes me feel. I also take 1 mg of Ativan a day.
Fri, 21 Jan 2011
Hi... Welcome to healthcaremagic forum,
Paxil which is a short acting SSRI has the most withdrawl symptoms when compared to other SSRI's. The withdrawal symptoms can last for about 2-3 weeks.. Few doctor prefer using a long term SSRI such as fluoxetine during the period of slow paxil withdrawal and then slowly taper the dose of fluoxetine - as fluoxetine cause less significant withdrawal symptoms than Paxil..
This offcourse has to be done under the guidance of a qualified medical doctor. Hence I suggest you to see a doctor who can be able to help you with the successful SSRI withdrawal.
Hope this is useful to you...