Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

I am suffering from some subsequent pimples on my face that left the scars

hei doc i am suffering from some subsequent pimples on my face .. i am 23yrs old girl n from last 1year it happeing wid me.. i consulted a skin specilist too.. bt of no use.. n i hav one very old scar mark on my face near nose too.. will meladerm will be effected to me..kindly suggest me a good medicine too
Asked On : Sat, 2 Apr 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  203
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
For the management of acne you should take triphala vidang and nagarmotha mixed in equal amount 1 tsf twice a day with lukeworm water. In the meantime you should avoid spicy high calory diet
Answered: Wed, 27 Apr 2011
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Welcome To HealthcareMagic forum,
As far as scar is concerned near nose ,meladerm (or ?mederma) won't be an effective cream .We have not seen any good result with the creams on scars.You can go in for lasers depending upon the availability at your place.Fractional laser would be good in such a case ,but might require multiple sitting depending upon the depth of the scar.

Treatment of acne depends upon the stage or grade of acne one has.There are four grades in acne ,from blackheads to nodular variety .Also treatment depends upon the cause of acne . Cause of acne may be just a wrong selection of soap or a moisturizer to hormonal disturbances in body (esp in females).
Treatment starts form the use of a anti acne face cleanser .It can be a anti acne soap or a face wash .Next would be use of a good anti acne cream for day time and night time use. Along with this one should be given a course of antibiotic tablet .This I would say is the basic or the first level treatment.
If patient does not respond to this or one has very sever acne then comes use of oral retinoids.Retinoids are wonder drug for acne , but one needs to undergo various blood investigations before taking this .Also there are certain precautions which one needs to follow before use of this medicine.Your dermatologist would be the best judge for this .
In female patients who have hormonal imbalance with irregular periods and sever acne , need to undergo a hormonal profile and ultrasound to rule out any hormonal disturbances.If it comes positive then they would require hormonal medicines to control their acne.Conventional medicines would not have good result on them.Since you are suffering from last 1 year ,it is important to rule out any hormonal imbalance.

Along with this one has to drink plenty of water and take good 7 hr sleep in night.Avoid all cosmetic creams or moisturizers on face.Healthy life style with above treatment is a must to keep your face clean and acne free.
So,i would advise you to consult a skin specialist(dermatologist) who can prescribe you medicines accordingly.

Answered: Wed, 27 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Tauseef's  Response
Hi, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
You need to consult a Dermatologist who shall examine you and prescribe the right medications with right dose. Do not pierce them and do not use any medication on your own without consulting a Doctor. Don't worry, acne will subside on their own as you grow old gradually. Drink plenty of water and avoid stress. This will keep your skin hydrated and fresh.

Good Luck.
Answered: Sat, 2 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Sudarshan's  Response
Acne is a chronic problem which can increase n decrease over the years. consult a good dermatologist. many good and extremely effective medication are available including chemical peels and retinoids. Your acne and scar can be treated very effectively.dont use meladerm its depigmenting agent .Start by using A good medicated face wash like Brevoxyl face wash.
good luck
Dr sudarshan
Answered: Sat, 2 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor