I am constantly thirsty and hungry. Am i diabetic?

I'm constantly thirsty, my mouth is always dry, I have to go to the bathroom a lot, I've lost weight, even though I eat more than I usually do. It doesn't seem like I'm any thirstier than I used to be, but I'm not really sure. I know that my hunnger has increased though. I'm always looking for something to eat, and will eat almost anything to ease my 'hunger.' I always have a bad attitude towards everyone, and I'm always yelling. I think it'd be awkward to tell my mom I should be tested before jumping to conclusions. What do you think? I've also noticed that if I eat certain things with a lot of sugar, such as chocolate or soda, I feel really dizzy and weak and I have to lay down. I drink about 8-12 large glasses of water or tea a day. And like I said, if I eat too much sugar I feel like I'm going to throw up. I only know of 5 people in my family that have diabetes. They all have type 2. I'm not sure if I do or not, or if I'm just overreacting. Don't call me stupid for asking a question I already know the answer to, because I don't. Yahoo Answers is for uncertain people to ask questions to the public without being criticized.
Mon, 14 Dec 2009
  Anonymous's Response
's  Response

get the blood glucose checked early in the morning in empty stomach and 2 hours after consuming the food. if the blood glucose levels are normal in this type of blood work than you are not suffering from diabetes.