Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online


doctor, iam not fluent in english, if any mistake plz avoid it, am 20yrs old, working as a designer. iam lived in a hostal with my co-workers(all are male, and more than 20 ). iam lived in the hostal at last 1 yr. my hostalmate ( not in my room ) was physically fit with muscular body. i have no muscular body. after 6 months i like his body, and love with him ( he was my best friend also ). his presence results sextual changes in my body. i like touch his body. but iam not a gay. but can t controll my mind. i like share bed with him ( not sex, just both sleep in one bed ) sir plz help me
Asked On : Mon, 7 Feb 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  510
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Dear Friend,

What you describe are intimate feelings towards a person who is special to you. A lot of people can have sexual feelings towards individuals of the same sex - having these does not make you abnormal.
Being a gay is no longer considered abnormal, a huge number of people are even bi-sexual that is they do get sexually attracted towards people of the opposite sex and at the same time they also may get attracted towards people of same sex. Having this does not make you abnormal.

Unfortunately there being a taboo - a lot of people become very anxious ( & confused) about their orientation --> this results in distress.

I note that at the beiginning of your post you apologise for your poor English. Your ability to communicate is perfectly alright, there is no problem in understanding you. I wonder whether you usually tend to undervalue yourself and are not confident of yourselves - and - since your best friend being muscular respresents a sense of security and comfort to you. May be you are confused about these mixed feelings.

Feel free to get back with clarification, comments & feedback.

Dr Ravindra Agrawal, Psychiatrist
Answered: Tue, 8 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
your liking towards same sex for sexual acts is abnormal. This calls for proper direction. In ayurveda we have three yog, ati yog, mithya yog and heen yog. This is mithya yog. i.e. one which should not be there. Obey the divine message for attraction towards opposite sex just as opposite poles in magnet attract each other.To curb this desire have one cap. bravobol bd
Answered: Tue, 8 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Dear Friend,
Every person has a small percentage of attraction towards same sex.
But when it goes beyond a limit can cause social and personal problems.
If you have more attraction towards opposite sex, you can get rid of this issue over a period of time. From your letter, i can feel that you have the attitude to change your attraction towards men. You can consult a Sexual Medicine Consultant and get counseled.

All the best

Answered: Mon, 7 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor