Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Hypernatremia due to diabetes insipidus, confusion. On vasopressin replacement therapy, confusion increasing. Treatment?

Can you tell me which medical specialty would be best suited to consult on a 73 year old female who developed hypernatremia (due to diabetes insipidus ) following 12 weeks of hospitalization? She was originally hospitalized due to confusion which was assessed via MRI & brain biopsy -- no malignancy . Has been on vasopressin replacement therapy, but control of plasma sodium is only temporary. Confusion increasing. Peripheral edema and physical deconditioning are advancing.
Asked On : Sun, 15 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  67
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
The best person to consult in this state would be a ENDOCRINOLOGIST in a good hospital.
Answered: Tue, 17 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor