• question-icon

How to treat soreness and burning sensation on tongue?

Hello, I have been experiencing tongue pain for a little over a week now. The sides of the tongue are soar and feel burning. Also, the top of my mouth feels chalky - or maybe it is that my tongue feels numb. What should I look for? What can I be doing to get my tongue back to normal? Thanks!
Tue, 24 Mar 2015
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 's  Response
thanks for your query, i have gone through your query, the soreness on the tongue could be because of the traumatic ulcer or it can be because of fungal infection or fissured tongue. consult your oral physician to rule out these lesions. after consulting your physician you can start with topical analgesics and anesthetics and antifungal agents. i hope my answer will help you, take care.