• question-icon

How to treat bone spurs on foot and ankle?

I have a growth on the top of my foot causing pain in my foot and ankle. I have had an x-ray and there were spikes sticking up on the top of my foot and was diagnosed as bone spurs. as I go online most results say that bone spurs are smooth and not painful. Can this be caused by something else?
Wed, 9 Sep 2015
hi,i feel sorry for your concern for painful spur in yourfoot.by your statment,i can guess some spikes at ankle joint,which can be confirmed by seeing the xray.it should be painful in toes down and heelup position of foot thus limiting the range of movements of ankle joint.most likely other causes may be repeated minor injuries,faulty footwears,some kind of arthritis,crystal arthropathy.thanks. i shall be glad to answer your further quary.