How to prevent a heart attack?

Hi there! I am a 60yr old female and for the past 4-5 weeks I have been experiencing fast heartbeats especially when I am lying in bed at night I can hear it beating like heavy drumbeats - and I notice I have been getting tired aas well- e.g. I can't stay up as late as I used to and feel really sleepy all of a sudden at times I can't keep my eyes open - apart from this I am healthy -blood pressure and sugar levels fine but cholesterol just a bit on the high side. I weigh 65 kgs(lost about 5 kgs recently) -an reasonably active as I work in the garden and walk a lot.

Should I be worried about getting a heart attack/ what treatment should I be looking at?? Thank you for your time.

Patrice
Mon, 8 Dec 2014
Cardiologist 's  Response
Dear Patrice
You should not be worried too much as you are an active person and you have normal blood and sugar levels
To permanently be sure that we aren't missing something I would suggest to schedule an ECG which you rule out any rhythm or ischemic change
If it is normal in my opinion you should use treatment for decreasing cholesterol levels and baby aspirin
You should be careful with your diet.Avoid fats and salt in your daily foods
You will be fine, don't worry
Hope my answer will help you