How to overcome premature ejaculation?

hi, i am a young guy of 27yrs, i started masturbating at d age of 22 till date, i got married dis yr but d problem is dat i ejaculate prematurely within 2mins which is very bad bcos i personally dont like it, and my partner doesnt like it too...how can i overcome dis, is d problem bcos i masturbate
Fri, 16 May 2014

I read your query and can understand the distress you are having due to premature ejaculation. Your condition is amenable to treatment.

First let me clear some doubts. Contrary to what is generally believed by many, masturbation is a completely normal physiological process and majority of man do it. Once a person becomes sexually mature, semen production starts which is a continuous process. A person the either has sex, or masturbates and has night falls. Masturbation doesn't lead to any physical, mental or sexual health problems. It doesn't lead to premature ejaculation or any problem in enjoying a happy married life.

Secondly, regarding premature ejaculation. It is recommended that you seek a psychiatric consultation for the same. It can be treated effectively with the help of medications, behavioral methods or a combination of both. The best results are usually when both are used together. Medications include selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors like paroxetine taken daily or dapoxetine taken on as needed basis. Behavioral methods will include learning relaxation exercises, sex education and methods like squeeze, start -stop or distraction. Participation of your wife in the behavior therapy sessions will enhance the chances of success. You will need to attend 1-2 sessions per week for around 6-10 sessions.

Hope this information was helpful. Best wishes.