Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

How to increase baby's weight ?

my baby ,she is a preterm baby of 3month now.have a weight of 1.750 at birth . and now only 3.700 to increase baby weight?
Asked On : Thu, 28 Jul 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  245
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query,
As she is premature baby take proper care,
Give sufficient breast feeding.
Give B.complex and multivitamin drops.
Try to keep away for having infection.
ok and bye.
Answered: Thu, 28 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
hii welcome to health care magic.see her weight increasing in propotion to its age which is good sign.first 6month dont give anything except mothers milk.after that you start rice water,crushed apple first liqid then gradually start solid.don't worry her weight increased with your age ,you weight and see your milestone if it not increase withage then concern pediatrician for that.
Answered: Thu, 28 Jul 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Jitender Chauhan's  Response
Hi, welcome to HCM. Premature babies are always smaller than they should be for their age when they go home. To increase weight, they often need special transitional formulas (with higher calories) or added powdered formula if they are taking breast milk. The most common transitional formulas are Enfacare or Neosure. It is very important to mix the formula as instructed. Your premature infant should stay on infant formula until he is a year old from his expected birth date. This helps his bones develop properly. Your premature baby may develop slower than a full-term baby. This is to be expected, it may take up to two years to catch up with children who were born on their expected birth date. Premature babies may benefit from intervention services such as physical, occupational, speech therapy, or developmental therapy during the first couple of years. Wish your child good health.
Answered: Thu, 28 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor