How to get rid of stammering problem ?

My Name Is Prakash . Now , I am Living In India and a Stammering Man. How to clear this problem
Wed, 16 Nov 2011
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Contact a Certified Speech Language Pathologist.He will help you.

What treatments are available for stuttering?
Speech Language Pathologists teach people who stutter to control and/or monitor the rate at which they speak. In addition, people may learn to start saying words in a slightly slower and less physically tense manner. They may also learn to control or monitor their breathing. When learning to control speech rate, people often begin by practicing smooth, fluent speech at rates that are much slower than typical speech, using short phrases and sentences. Over time, people learn to produce smooth speech at faster rates, in longer sentences, and in more challenging situations until speech sounds both fluent and natural. "Follow-up" or "maintenance" sessions are often necessary after completion of formal intervention to prevent relapse.

Drug Therapy:
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has not approved any drug for the treatment of stuttering. However, some drugs that are approved to treat other health problems—such as epilepsy, anxiety, or depression—have been used to treat stuttering. These drugs often have side effects that make them difficult to use over a long period of time. In a recent study funded by the National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders (NIDCD), researchers concluded that drug therapy has been largely ineffective in controlling stuttering. Clinical trials of other possible drug treatments are currently under way.

SANJAY KUMAR
B.Sc. (Hons.) Speech and Hearing, AIIMS New. Delhi
M.Sc. Speech Language Pathology, AIISH Mysore
Consultant Speech Language Pathologist,Speech Therapist, Voice Therapist, Audiologist
Website: http://speechtherapyindia.in
Mob:9900295717
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP:
Life member of ISHA (Indian Speech & Hearing Association) entitled to practice as Speech language pathologist and Audiologist in India.
Registered member of RCI (Rehabilitation council of India) entitled to practice as Speech language pathologist and Audiologist in India.

ENT Specialist Dr. Naveen Kumar's  Response
Hi Prakash,

Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum,
Stammering is one of the common speech problems. You need to consult a good phonosurgeon, he will be able to guide you correctly. You will require a team of clinical psychologist, speech therapist and a phonosurgeon to help you out of this problem.

Dr. Naveen Kumar