How to distinguish between normal vaginal discharge and yeast infection?

i had the thick milky white discharge come out of my vagina at the beginning of my period. I had normal cramps i get all the time while i m on my period it doesn t hurt to urinate and it doesn t itch, this is the first time that this as ever happend to me I was wondering being on the pill is this just a symptom of the pill or something more serious like a yeast infection
Thu, 28 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

You are very right that vaginal discharge can be normal. however that is clear type, and is scanty. What you said, it more looks like a yeast infection. So, I would advise you should either talk to your doctor, or apply some topical anti-fungal cream. You can also take a single antifungal tablet instead of the cream. Sometimes fungal infection may no produce any symptoms.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Mahboob Ur Rahman