Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

How to diagnose gonorrhea ?

I m Having this complicated problem as of now it takes already a month as it started. I m having a Acute, uncomplicated urethral l gonorrhea and i want to know how to cure this kind of illness!
Asked On : Sat, 13 Aug 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  307
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM
Read your prob. this kind of diease may be symptomatic or asymptomatic. you should take injectable antibiotic like ceftriaxon after advising your doc. it is curable . your partner should be treated with you as it is STD.
Answered: Sat, 13 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Cardiologist Dr. Naresh Ruparelia's  Response
hi well come to HCM
To treat gonorrhea Antibitics like cprofloxaci, Doxy cyclin Ets can be used to
cure the condition.But it is important to comfirm the Gonorrhea with the help
of Doctor THanks
Answered: Sat, 13 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
welcome to hcm
acute urethral gonorrhea needs to be attended immediately as it can lead to complications later. single dose treatment with levofloxacin , cefixime tablets can be taken. levoflox would be 500mg single dose.
but it is essential to avoid any sexual contact till cured, treat your partner. thorough assessment by your doctor to see for complications.
hope this is helpful
Answered: Sat, 13 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Chirag Soni's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
It is sexually transmited disease.First go for investigations to confirm the diagnosis....
Urine test,blood tasts,swab test from urethral discharge.
Treatment is needed for both partner for complete cure and prevension of recurrence.
Cretain group of antibiotics are helpful Quinolones,doxy,Azithromycin, start under under guidance of physician.
Otherwise take extra care for local hygiene,Don't do unprotected sex(abstinence fron sex)Or use latex condom from start to finish,Having sex with only one partner(mutual monogamy).
Answered: Sat, 13 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor