Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

How to cure Filariasis ?

I have been suffering from filaria to my left foot for about 20 years. I have used heterogen and benocide for a long time continuously.. But it has not subsided.I was told that there was no permanant cure for filaria.Should i continue using those medicines again or is there any sophisticated drug availble now? I m 50 years old. kindly suggest me.. I am a male patient.
Asked On : Fri, 24 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  186
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Dear ahmed,
filariasis has chronic treatment course.
albendazole , ivermectin,DEC ,suramin , doxycycline are the drugs given in medical treatment you can also go for surgical treatment.'
Contact a general surgeon who will suggest you appropriate treatment.
Take care.
Answered: Sat, 25 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor