Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

How to control high BP resulting chest pain ?

Hi I am a 32 year old female and I am relatively healthy, However in recent days I have had slightly high BP readings. 145/104 on Saturday, 147/100 on Sunday and 168/100 on Monday. I had an EKG on Monday after complaining of Chest Pains but I was told to followup with Primary Care Dr. in a few days after going to the Emergency Room. Should I be concerned? I have been feeling winded after light activity also.
Asked On : Wed, 23 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  46
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Hi Dear
Your BP readings are indeed high. Go for an EKG and routine blood tests. do you suffer from any problem like anxiety or stress which can give false high readings??
Answered: Wed, 23 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
So it could be essential Hypertension that is without any cause. Consult your physician for best possible therapies or medication. meanwhile take plenty of fluids and avoid salt. Just take salt fast i mean dont consume salt or salty foods for 3 days and take plenty of water and lets see the BP readings. I am pretty sure your condition will improve.
Good Luck!!!!!
Answered: Wed, 23 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor