• question-icon

How long should Duphaston be taken during pregnancy?

Hello, I m 26 weeks pregnant. I had a previous history of miscarriage. Doc has prescribed me to take Duphaston 10mg twice a day from very beginning . how long should I continue this drug? Does it cause any harm to the growing foetus as I have come to know it is banned in Uk and USA?
Tue, 15 May 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

No, it doesn't cause any harm to the fetus. It's a progesterone analogue and help to maintain the pregnancy and prevents miscarriage. So don't worry.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.