Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

How long does Godex DS take to reduce SGPT and SGOT levels?

Hi my SGPT IS 187 and my SGIT is 87 w/c according to my doctor is above normal. He prescribe me a medicine to lower my SGPT & SGOT the medicine he prescribe is GODEX DS. How long should i take this medicine to normalize my sgpt & sgot? what are the type of foods that i should eat and avoid?
Asked On : Thu, 13 Mar 2014
Answers:  1 Views:  15
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Gastroenterologist 's  Response
Thanks for posting query at HCM.

Usually ALT or AST values higher than "two times the upper normal limit", is considered abnormal ( in some countries, ALT or AST values of more than 100 are considered abnormal).

Value of AST or ALT greater than 85 or above maybe investigated further.
Alcohol ingestion and obesity are common causes of fatty liver disease.
Furthermore, viral causes HepB and C should be ruled out.

You may take GODEX for 2 months and then visit treating physician.
advice :
- abstinence from "Alcohol"
- LOW fat diet should be followed, AVOID junk food and beverages
- decreased oil consumption (oily food)
- NO red meat
- green vegetables should be ingested daily
- use lemon juice (lemonade) once in a day
- reduce weight if overweight/obese
-"recheck liver enzymes after 6 to 8 weeks" and/or ultrasound.

any further questions are welcomed.

hope to answer your concern.

wish you good health.

Dr Tayyab Malik
Answered: Mon, 20 Mar 2017
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor