Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
149 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How is a fractured finger treated?

I was at hospita as i had fallen off a slide and my middle finger was very painfull and swollen so when i went to the a&e i got an xray which came up clear. But i think it may be broken as now the swelling has went down and is slightly crooked and there is also a bump. Could this be broken. If so how would they treat it with a cast or splint. Is it worth my time to go back and get it chencked out again
Tue, 28 Aug 2018
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response

You can consult an orthopedic and go for an X-ray to rule out fracture. Even if there is fracture, generally treated by splint and surgical correction may not be required in most of the cases. You can take analgesics like Ibuprofen or Diclofenac for pain relief.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Shinas Hussai
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

i had a fall over curb & broke pinky finger. I had xrays & it s spinted but I also feel that I dislocated upper bone (radius) i think & it s...