How do you check if your heart has a rhythm disorder?

has a rhythm disorder? i know theres a name... Sometimes my heart goes real fast and then slow and i feel dizzy. Sometimes i feel like im thirsty or out of breath , but i think it s my heart.
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
It sounds like it may be Mitral Valve Prolapse. The American Heart Association, in May 2003, put out a statement that said that eating oily fish like salmon, tuna or bluefish at least twice a week can prevent sudden cardiac death because fatty acids in the fish block dangerous irregular heart rhythms, experts say in a review article in today’s issue of Circulation: Journal of the American Heart Association. Epidemiologists have known for years that eating fish was associated with reduced risk of cardiovascular disease, but only recently have researchers had laboratory evidence to explain this effect, says review author Alexander Leaf, M.D., Jackson Professor of Clinical Medicine Emeritus, Harvard Medical School, Boston. Leaf and colleagues present a detailed explanation of how omega-3 (n-3) fish oils benefit the heart. “Animal experiments show that fatty acids from n-3 fish oils are stored in the cell membranes of heart cells and can prevent sudden cardiac death or fatal arrhythmias.” Arrhythmias are irregular heart rhythms. Studies of individual heart cells demonstrated that the omega-3 essential polyunsaturated fatty acids (n-3 PUFAs) specifically block excessive sodium and calcium currents in the heart. Those excessive electrical discharges cause dangerous and erratic changes in heart rhythm. good luck to you