How do I wean off my child s habit of teeth grinding at night?

7 YR old Child that is mouth breather, grinds teeth at night, restless, difficulty staying still unless focussed on technology machine (IPAD, game, etc), attention issues. Could he have ENT issue versus ADHD? Does well in school academically, reasonably intelligent for his age - above average in testing.
Tue, 11 Jun 2019

Teeth grinding (Bruxism) is a common childhood problem. There are few steps you can do to relieve the symptoms:
1. Give anti Helminth such as Albendazole for deworming.

2. Maintain proper sleep hygiene practice. Don't allow screen time after 9 PM.

3. Avoid caffeine drinks and chocolates in the evening and night.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Rajmohan, Pediatrician