Thanks for contacting with your health concern
1. Thanks for contacting with your health concern
1. as I'm unable to examine you directly, thus mine symptomwise approach would have been:
i. An ordinary cough
with throat pain is the commonest symptom seen in general practice, however, you should consult an ENT specialist
who will inspect the throat with a good torch and tongue depressor
to exclude any other pathology. [pharyngitis
, and bronchitis]
ii. The choice of antibiotic will vary from doctor to doctor and from locality to locality and if the cough worsens or duration increases consult a chest specialist for an immediate chest x-ray and other blood investigations like:
- Hb%, WBC for eosinophilia
- X-ray chest for TB, Pneumonia
- If other investigations are normal, HIV test
iii. make sure to adopt certain guidelines till you get an appointment:
- Take mainly soft diet
- rice, chapati, or phulka, with nonspicy vegetables.
. Avoid fried foods like wada, samosa, dosa, pakodas, papad,namkeen and potato chips, avoid hotel food
. Do not take any cold
drinks, cold water, ice cream, chilled food from the refrigerator.
. Avoid sour fruits like citrus fruits, grapes, take sweet fruits- bananas, papaya
. Steam Inhalation and warm salt water gargles.
. Cover the mouth while coughing (using hand or handkerchief) to prevent the spread of infection to other family members.