How can skin rashes along with burning sensation and itching on the body be treated?

62-year-old Having severe skin rash Burning and intense itching throughout the day for last two weeks and Have met with allergist, dermatologist, G.I. doctor, and neurologist. No one is quite sure what’s triggering the issue. Awaiting results of blood tests results forfood allergy, but have been eating limited diet and similar foods every day For years . Previous blood test ruled out a chemical or environmental. We’ve change soaps etc. I’m taking MiraLAX one cup for the day for the last three years, and Colace 250 mg per day spread throughout the day. This was to relieve G.I. issues became compromised post severe automobile accident 2015. G.I. tract has been perfect since I went on this protocol after having had years of previous problems with constipation . Dermatologist an allergist prescribed doxepin been taking it since Friday evening I’m in experiencing the usual side effects, disorientation, dizziness, slight nausea, but also beginning to have trouble urinating at the frequency prior to the doxepin. Also increased bone pain near the ribs front and back. Three days Of Doxepin and there’s been no improvement on the Burning, intolerable itching that seems to get worse as the day goes on ....in fact Burning and itching is getting worseevery day . Your input would be appreciated .
Sat, 4 Aug 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

In my opinion, you could be having Dermatitis herpetiformis (Gluten induced enteropathy). Please try to avoid gluten rich food in your diet for few weeks and look for improvement in your skin and gastrointestinal symptoms. If symptoms improve, possibilities of Dermatitis herpetiformis is high.

If you develop an extensive skin rash or severe diarrhea, do consult your dermatologist immediately.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.