Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
195 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can severe stress while suffering from Bell s palsy be treated?

My doctor has Bell’s Palsy. He seems to be very stressed and behind with his patients. It is affecting his eyesight and mouth a lot. I am worried about his ability to continue with his medical practice. I and my pharmacy have been having trouble getting necessary prescription refills. My husband is behind three days on three of his refills despite calls from the pharmacy. He has had this rather severe case for over three months. Two years ago New Year’s Eve his 27-year old son was killed by a hit and run driver. Could the stress be catching up with him? (I had Bell’s Palsy over 50 years ago but it only lasted a few weeks.). What is your opionion?
Mon, 9 Apr 2018
Report Abuse
Dentist 's  Response

As per your query, your physician have symptoms of Bell's Palsy which is due to inflammation or viral infiltration of the nerve and stress causing exaggeration of it as Bell's palsy can occur due to activation of virus which remains latent.

Need not to worry. I would suggest you to do:
- Do mouth stretching exercises such as blow in and out after closing nostrils.
- Take ibuprofen or acetaminophen for pain. Start with physiotherapy.

Consult an orthopedic and maxillofacial surgeon once for proper examination and start with proper course of anti-inflammatory medications and vitamin supplement.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Harry Maheshwari
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I need to know if I suffer with Bells Palsy. The left side of my face drags. My PCP avoids the question of Bells Palsy. He calls it TIA. He has me...