How can severe depression after the loss of a relationship be treated?

hi iam 23 years old. I was in a relationship for 3 years. Now she cheated me and happy with someother guy. I cannot handle this depression. after a month of no contact i called her today and she spoke with me like a stranger. This is killing me deep inside ... Please help me through this
Thu, 27 Sep 2018
Thank you for using our Ask A Doctor service. I hope this message is of some help to you. Please feel free to ask further if necessary.

I recommend treatment with an SSRI medication such as Lexapro, and with weekly cognitive behavioral therapy.