Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

181 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

How can severe backache be treated?

Hi, I have severe back pain, as well as nerve damage. I have been taking 5 mg/ 3 times day for about 4 years now. I don’t get the results I did when I first started talking it. The pain has increased a lot. Is there something stronger that you could recommend?
Wed, 13 Jun 2018
Report Abuse
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Since you have a nerve damage too, surgical treatment needs to be considered.

I hope this information has been helpful for you.

I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I have a neurostimulator for back pain. My pain is reduced about 70-80 percent, but the remaining pain is severe enough to limit my mobility (walking farther than 100 yards, standing for more than 15 minutes). Would a lidoderm 5% patch be appropriate to relieve some pain to improve my mobility?

doctor1 MD

Dear madam/sir,my sister is 24 years old, has suffering from severe backache and hip pain too from last two months. MRI Report shows spinal cord edema(S1 S2 S3) in setrum in spinal cord.........please suggest me some name of doctors of bommay who provide treatment of this problem . I am waiting for your response regarding this problem..please response me soon............

doctor1 MD

I had undergone angoiplasty 10years back and since then i am taking Losar 50,concor 2.5 andEcospirin AV75. till date. I am comfortable with those medicines. Amost in 6months Lipid profile test doing and Doctor advised me to continue life long. Health wise i am ok .I have got back pain L4 bulge and walking stopped few years back. Your valuable suggestion and guidance required. I am 71 and weight 80kg. Do i have to continue same medicine? i am non Veg. Not interested in spicy food. Again, your cooments ,please. Assan koya Calicut