Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
150 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can low libido be treated?

It s like I can t get fully turned on no matter what I do. I had to get on birth control a few months ago for some serious cramping pains and ever since I had the cramping, I haven t been able to have sex. It always feels too tight and too dry no matter how long we take or what we use. Lube doesn t seem to help. It s just uncomfortable. I don t have emotional issues relationship wise. All these issues seemed to span from a miscarriage I had 7-8 months ago (barely a week along). I ve been to my gyno. He didn t seem worried.
Wed, 13 Jun 2018
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ' Ask a doctor ' service. I have reviewed your query and here is my answer .

I will suggest that you should get lab tests for hormone profile as serum estrogen, serum FSH, serum LH, ultrasound abdomen. If all comes normal, then try estrogen cream for vaginal dryness.

I hope I have solved your query. Let me know if I can assist you further in this query.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hello Dr. I m 36 years old and married 8 years ago from last 3-4 years I have low sexual desire and low lipido. I have done testosterone and...