Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
175 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can jaundice be treated?

Hi.. I m suffering from jaundice. 12days before it was diagnosed and total bilirubin was 4.1,sgot was 1261,sgpt was1595. I don t have fever or abdominal pain. I just have symptoms of dark urine, dark stool, icterus. Icterus6 was less these 12 days. But suddenly it is increasing today. So what I do now?
Tue, 26 Feb 2019
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Jaundice itself usually isn't treated.

We can treat the condition that's causing it.

If you have acute viral hepatitis, jaundice will go away on its own as the liver begins to heal.

If a blocked bile duct is to blame, I suggest surgery to open it.

You should do an ultrasound for further evaluation.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor , I am Sumeet Wane is 21 years old ,staying in Indore MP , My height is 5.4” and weight is 43 kg , . Since last 12 years I am suffering...