Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

171 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

How can irritation in the vulva be treated?

#...Hi, I do not have money to visit a doctor but I think I have vaginal yeast. My vuvla? Doesn’t itch bad it just feels as if it needs to be rubbed all the time. That’s the only symptom. I do believe it’s due to my new cleaning wipes it’s burned me one time . Is there over the counter medicine I can take ?
Tue, 6 Nov 2018
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response

As a first line management, you can apply low potency steroid creams like betamethasone for symptomatic relief. If the lesion persists, it is better to consult a dermatologist and get evaluated.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Take care

Dr Shinas Hussain, General & Family Physician
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I am 45, I am 5 6 I weigh 160. I have some irritation in the vulva area. I do not have sex, I am divorced. I have sort of chapped skin there and there are tiny slits, like paper cuts, mixed in. It hurts initially when iI shower or anything like that. What is it, and how do I treat it?

doctor1 MD

Hi In the last few years the vulva on left side have changed. It started as a small pea size lump and my then Gyn Dr said don’t concern yourself. Leave them Now. I am 76 and have about four of those little “ balls” on same area and even though I haven’t been sexually active for three years. I am embarrassed by them. My former Gyn Dr told me due to my age I do not need Pap smear or exam anymore so none for about four years Do these sound serious and what can be done to remove them

doctor1 MD

i am 41 and have recently had vulva itching which i have been treating with vaginal itch cream. about 2 weeks into this i noticed the vulva area had white peeling skin and i have a small area on my lip area that is a bit sore and was irritated after sex. i am married and have had only 1 partner in the last 25yrs. i was diagnosed with HPV as a teenager but haven t had any abnormal pap tests since then.