Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

How can i do to get rid of Chalazion ?

I have this bump that showed up on my upper eyelid In October of 2010 and was told it may be a chalazion I put hot compresses on it but it is still there does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do
Asked On : Wed, 8 Jun 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  526
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
if even after doing hot compression chalazion is there it means there is chronic inflammatiom and you need minor surgery to remove this chalazion.consult your eye doctor.
Answered: Wed, 7 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.only surgery is the answer.
Answered: Wed, 7 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
If the bump hasn't gone away it could indicate a chronic inflammation. It may require a small, relatively safe surgical procedure which can be done in a matter of minutes called Incision and curettage. Kindly visit your Ophthalmologist to discuss regarding the solution.
Answered: Wed, 8 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor