How can hepatitis B infection be treated?

My ex husband has hepatitis b and is treated with medication. his dr stated that he problably had it long before he met me. I an a nurse have had all the hep vac. Plus had a booster . This was dormant before it came to light. Should I worry regarding myself/
Mon, 5 Mar 2018

Thanks for your query on HCM

"As" per your clinical query is concerned you need a screening test for hepatitis B infection and check your liver enzyme level.

Do take the preventive step like this for future
1) Know the [HBV] status of any sexual partner. Don't engage in unprotected sex unless you're absolutely certain your partner isn't infected with HBV or any other sexually transmitted infection.
2)Try to use a new latex or polyurethane condom every time you have sex if you don't know the health status of your partner.
3)Try to avoid body piercing and tattooing.
4)If you're traveling to a region where [hepatitis B] is common, ask your doctor about the hepatitis B vaccine in advance.

It's usually given in a series of three injections over a six-month period.
Hope that helps