Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
147 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can hepatitis B infection be treated?

My ex husband has hepatitis b and is treated with medication. his dr stated that he problably had it long before he met me. I an a nurse have had all the hep vac. Plus had a booster . This was dormant before it came to light. Should I worry regarding myself/
Mon, 5 Mar 2018
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Thanks for your query on HCM

"As" per your clinical query is concerned you need a screening test for hepatitis B infection and check your liver enzyme level.

Do take the preventive step like this for future
1) Know the [HBV] status of any sexual partner. Don't engage in unprotected sex unless you're absolutely certain your partner isn't infected with HBV or any other sexually transmitted infection.
2)Try to use a new latex or polyurethane condom every time you have sex if you don't know the health status of your partner.
3)Try to avoid body piercing and tattooing.
4)If you're traveling to a region where [hepatitis B] is common, ask your doctor about the hepatitis B vaccine in advance.

It's usually given in a series of three injections over a six-month period.
Hope that helps
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hello, sir My younger Brother he is age 18 years old and .He is HbsAg positive patient we before 2 months ago and Stomach problem last two years...