How can elevated cholesterol levels and heart rate be treated?

Hi, i ve done ECG last week and it results of ECG came bask as abnormal. My GP said it showed that i have had infarct in past . I am 5o yrs old now and recently after my blood test also discovered that my cholesterol is 6.5 . My heart beats are almost all the time around 90-95 and if i just have a brisk walk it goes to 115-120 easy. What do you think i should do and am i going go be ok? Many thanks in advance Kind regards Ksenia
Tue, 31 Jul 2018
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Of possible please upload the ECG. Now, if it's showing the changes of ischemia then you should get the echo done and if normal then should have stress test done. Also, you should get hemoglobin and thyroid test done. You should get started on medicines like antiplatelets and statin till evaluation. And also beta blockers like Metoprolol which would control your BP and pulse rate.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.