How can elevated blood pressure levels be treated?

I have been taking lisinopril for 10 years but recently pressure became too elevated and dosage was increased. Pressure in the mornings became too low but evening readings still too high. I started having sever disiness/weakness in the mid mornings so quit the medication completely. B P stabilized some was still too high so Dr. reinstated lisinopril. Dizzyness increased mid mornings so I stopped the med which eliminates the mid morning episodes but BP is still out of bounds. What can I do? I have A-fib with low heart rate and frequent missed beats.
Sat, 23 Jun 2018
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Regarding your concern, I would explain that it is important making some changes to your actual therapy. In this regard, as you did not tolerate well the increase in the dose of Lisinopril, I would recommend starting other anti-hypertensive drugs like Menartan or a calcium channel blocker (Amlodipine, Lercanidipine, etc.), in order to help manage better your blood pressure values, without experiencing the adverse effects of high doses of Lisinopril.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.