How can diarrhea in an infant be treated?

Hi..my baby is 5 months old only..i really worried about my daughter.. she is suffering from fever and looseotions..after loosemotions she got fever..I dont know what is the cause of fever in her..she suffered fever and loosemotion from 3 days ago..someone consult me about bifilac sachet..should i guve bifilac sachet to my daughter fir loose motions Please let me know ..is bifilac sachet helful to cure loosemotions of my baby girl?? Please answer soon..i really worried about her..her weight is decreasing day by day because of continous loose motions from 3 days?? Plesse reply..i will more happy ..please
Tue, 5 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

In such young age common cause of diarrhea is viral gastroenteritis esp rota virus.

For that Symptomatic management done.

Maintain hydration with lots of water.
The prescribed sachet is pro-biotic and can be prescribed

I will suggest you to investigate with stool routine micro examination and occult blood test as well.

Hope this will help you

Consult pediatrician for examination