How can anemia and vomiting be treated?

Hi my name is Jerry I m interested in I was just trying to get some information about a blood transfer my sister is anemic and diabetic at the same time and I was just wondering she s pale and she can t hardly keep anything down but she also has gallbladder issues and the hospital keeps on telling her there s nothing that they can do for her is there something that I can do for her here at home .
Mon, 2 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.

I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

First of all, she should have adequate blood glucose control by taking medications for diabetes and monitoring blood glucose at home. If she is vomiting a lot just give her enough fluids to avoid dehydration and take her to the hospital. Unfortunately you cannot help much with her anemia at home, either. You should take her to a doctor. Before treating the anemia a diagnostic workout should be done to find out the underlying cause. Anemia is simply low hemoglobin in the blood. But it could be caused by many disorders such as defect in hemoglobin production (vitamin, iron deficiency, or genetic hemoglobin defects) or red blood cell destruction in the body (autoimmune diseases, defects of red blood cells) or from the blood loss (usually from menstrual or gastrointestinal). If the cause is dietary iron deficiency or vitamin deficiency simply iron or vitamin supplements will help her anemia.
Blood transfusion is not indicated in her case. It is reserved only for severe anemia due to blood loss or hemolysis.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Thank you,
Malik Amonov MD
Oncologist Dr. Deepak Sundriyal's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

First of all, cause of anemia needs to be identified by careful examination and blood investigations. Visit your physician for that.

Thanks