How can an ovarian cyst be treated?

Hi, i was diagnosed a 5cm ovary cyst about a month ago and doctor gave me duphaston for five days to induce menstruation. After first day of taking duphaston i started feeling pain in stomach. After my period which was from Nov 1st till 6th there is no more that cyst but several small cysts on both ovaries but i occasionally feel very strong pain in both ovaries. doctor said it could be from the cysts and it will go away, but the other said it could be adnexitis. What do you think? Thanks
Asked On : Thu, 16 Nov 2017
Hello dear. Welcome to Healthcaremagic. I read your query and I understand your concern. The ovarian cysts give dull pain or when rupture give high intensity pain. The treatment is to wait and see or by hormone contraception or surgery. Adnexitis is inflammation when rupture happens. You can take antiinflamatories for pain and oral contraceptives too. Take care.
Hope my answer was helpful, if yes, vote helpful.
Best regards Dr Olgeta Xhufka ( general and family physician )