Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
149 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can an earache be treated?

I have a ear ache sometime it shoots pain in my ear and on the top of my head. I have put sweet oil in my ear and I put some Debrox earwax in my ears. I have Zertalin Azitromicina 500 mg Tabletas I got this from Mexico. Will this help my ear ache and how do I take it . Is it 0ne a day or is it two a day . Please let me know
Fri, 30 Mar 2018
Report Abuse
Dentist 's  Response

As per your query, you have symptoms of ear ache which seems to be due to ear infection, injury to eardrum due q-tip or loud sound and could be due to cervical spondylosis.

I would suggest you to do warm saline gargles and apply dry warm compresses to external ear. You should keep your ear dry and take Ibuprofen or Acetaminophen drug for pain.

Consult ENT specialist once without any delay and doctor may examine ear with otoscope, also examine tympanic membrane or may order CT scan.

The doctor may prescribe antibiotic course at least for 10 days along with anti-inflammatory and decongestants. The doctor may also recommend Tympanoplasty in case of eardrum rupture.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Harry Maheshwari
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Dr, Sir i have been suffering from ear pain and the sound(hearing capability) of my right ear had reduced, i have been using ear phones at very...