How can an ankle sprain be treated?

My daughter sprained her ankle 2 weeks ago. Saw an ortho and xray showed nothing broken. Sent her home on crutches and a nylon ankle (shoe strap) boot. She used the crutches for 2 days and was walking on it soon after. She still has pain, is there any need to go back to the ortho? Is it expected for pain to continue for weeks?
Mon, 19 Mar 2018

As you already consulted with orthopedician and there is no history of fracture, it is a good thing. So, the diagnosis will be the sprain. as the strain takes minimum 7 to 10 days to recover completely.

Till that time, I will suggest to continue with crunches and ancle strap. You can take tablet Zerodol SP 100 mg, tablet Ranitidine 150 mg.

Along with that give proper rest to ankle and don't give pressure on that. Keep it in the warm and cold water alternately and continue physiotherapy as advised.

I will suggest you to review here with detailed history or consult with orthopedician, if symptoms worsen.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shyam B. Kale