Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
162 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
  • question-icon

    How can a pancreatic cyst be treated?

I am a 52 year old black male I had a pancreatic cyst to form in my left side, abdomen area in 2013 and it was for some reason connected with the bile duct, the cyst calcified like a cacoon so Dr I was seeing at unc referred me to vascular to have a tube placed to drain the cyst, because he said he could not do anything else he said he could operate but it would leave me having to wear a colosipy bag, so I have been wearing a placed tube in my side until feb. 2017 I went vascular for them to check tubing and the surgeon said he did not see anything else so he pulled the tube I want to know who would be a good referral the Dr I was seeing was a colon and rectal surgeon who else would you refer me to me to to monitor my situation
Mon, 19 Nov 2018
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Best management with gastro intestine surgeon with radical cystectomy, bypass or another curative way to solve the issue.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Purva Patel,
General & Family Physician
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hello,I m a 71 year old male in relatively good health. I had and MRI conducted on my abdomen in May which revealed and 8mm pancreatic IPMN cyst. I...