How can a painful anal fissure be treated?

I ve been completely backed up for 2 days now due to a painful anal fissure that I ve had for the last 2 months. I ve been to the doctor and he prescribed me actilax and rectogesic and after a week I thought I was healing and pain-free however I ve been lazy and have been eating solids again, not drinking enough water and skipped 2 days of actilax and now my stool is hard. I ve tried to go to the toilet twice now but the hard stools are to painful to pass. I m desperately needing advice on how to make them soft please. I ve taken my actilax for 3 days now and it s still hard
Tue, 17 Apr 2018

Please increase fluid intake. Take tablet for constipation, you may take syrup Cremaffin for constipation.

You may use shield ointment, one application before passing motion and one application after passing motion. Shield is a prescription drug, so please contact your local doctor so that he will prescribe this.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Varinder Joshi