Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
150 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can a chemical burn on the face be treated?

My daughter used a new face cleanser & has what looks to be a chemical burn on her face. She says it feels like a sunburn. There’s some tiny(mild) blistering. It is NOT in her eyes/mouth. Is there any recommendation for at-home treatment? I can call her drs office tomorrow if it is not better, but cannot take her in tonight.
Fri, 30 Mar 2018
Report Abuse
Dermatologist 's  Response

As per your case history of chemical burn, my treatment advice is:

1. Don't scratch the lesion as it may worsen the condition.
2. Apply a mild antibiotic cream like Fusiderm cream twice daily on it.
3. Take an antihistamine medication like Levocetirizine for itching and NSAID drug like Ibuprofen for pain.

If the problem persists, then consult a dermatologist.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Harshit Bhachech
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Baby with bleach cleaner chemical burn on tongue, I think.. I didn t know it happened until it was too late to rinse his mouth.. Now there are two...