Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

143 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

How can I cure my depression which makes me feel worthless ?

Hi, Age:27 years. Medical History: None Last 2 years i have been facing this strange problem, feeling stressed, almost always never happy whatsoever. Very hard to concentrate on work, facing absent mindedness and loss of memory (forgetting even simple things). Not able to get out of bed, feeling like i am worthless and being in this world is only causing more and more problems for others. Thoughts of suicide has come few times but somehow managed to get out of it. Have extreme emotions which change continously, very easily influenced by others and its very hard for me to take decisions. Become sentimental very quickly, and take tension and have anxiety in for very small things- at times not even able to sleep. Dont like my job at all and dont have confidence to find another one which is suitable for me. At times get very angry and go out of control. Get afraid of darkness. I eat a lot when depressed and have become over-weight. I am not able to believe in myself, have become very inactive socially, stopped talking and expressing & also losing friends. I feel very down in darkness and hence avoid it. I have tried to gain a lot of knowledge of depression from internet and tried to fix myself but nothing works for me. I know something is wrong with me and I need help, but dont know where to go. Thought of going to a psycatrist but dont know what I would go and say to him/her and not having the courage as well. Please assist.
Mon, 16 Jan 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
hi,realy you should consult a psychiatrist,but if you like ayurvedic medicine then start taking brahmi vati swarn yukt 1bid with honey,tab sumenta(charak pharma) 1bid+stresscom cap(dabur)1bid with milk daily for at least one month &meditation regularly.
Psychiatrist Dr. P.Krishna Mohan's  Response
Hi, You should consult a Psychiatrist, in your place, you can tell him what you have written here, or you can show the same matter, so he/she will be able to understand, will ask you few more questions , to understand your problem and would help you. Need not be afraid to consult a psychiatrist, they are like any other doctor You will be counselled regarding your problem and if necessary medication would be advised, which you may need to use for some time.
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....