Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

How can I control fluctuating blood pressure ?

Hi, For the last three months, on an average my blood pressure has been recorded @ 175 over 115. Highest peaks were 190 over 140 but few times. It is different in different times and does come to 120 over 80 aswell. Which confuses me whether to see a doctor or not. I thought it would be stress , but this continued. What is the immediate advise, i understand that I need to see the doctor asap. Regards, Junaid Afridi
Asked On : Thu, 22 Mar 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  261
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi ,
we donot know your age here , but considering more than 2 BP readings on higher sides , you definitely needs treatment .
Firstly lifestyle modification with controlling stress , no addictions , less salt in diet and regular exrcise will help to keep dose of BP medicines minimum and will also prevent gross fluctuations .
Besides this you need to review the tablet which you are taking for BP . A better alternative , optimum dose and dosage timigs also play a crucial role in steady controll of BP . Low dose diuretics added as BP controll drugs also help to have smooth controll of BP .
Answered: Tue, 3 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Dushad Ram's  Response
Dear Afridi

The fluctuation in your BP is very significant and even recorded to very high level predisposing to serious consequences. Please immediately consult cardiologist for proper evaluation and treatment.
Answered: Sat, 24 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
thank you for the inquiry through

since the diastolic level(lower reading) is also getting high, you should be care full

but before going for a medication for BP you may try to control the stress with ayurveda medicines, therapies and yoga

see an ayurveda doctor, who can help you
Answered: Thu, 22 Mar 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor