How are intramuscular hematomas treated?

Hi, 6 months ago I went to the hospital and turns out I have an intramuscular hematoma. The doctor said it was small and to leave it be so it will shrink on its own. I ve gotten many ultrasounds and an MRI but they won t do anything further about it. The pain stopped after about a few months but lately the pain has been throbbing at random times during the day and I have a feeling it means something is wrong. Should I do anything about this?
Tue, 10 Sep 2019

Generally, hematoma will resolve by itself. You can apply icepacks for faster recovery. If size persists, it has to be drained under ultrasound guidance. Consult a general surgeon and he will direct you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Shinas Hussain, General & Family Physician