Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Hospitalized with c-diff, developed a serious case of diarrhea. Any urgent care required ?

Hello. My elderly is currently hospitalized with c-diff. I took my 10 yr old son to visit her twice (last Thursday, Monday and Tuesday). Now he has developed a serious case of diarrhea at least 4 episodes since last nite. Do you think I should take him to urgent care to test for c-diff or give him pepto and see if that helps. He never touched my aunt but we were in the room with her for an hour at a time.
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response

Thank you for the query.

It is not a good idea to take kids to the hospital. Children have weaker immune system than adults. So he might caught something and it does not have to be C.Difficile. Other bacterial infection or viral infection can be also the reason.

I suggest you to wait a day and see how the symptoms will be developing. In case of high fever, blood in stool, dehydration you should consult a doctor as soon as possible. If the symptoms wont go away in a day, doctors attention is also required.

Please give him plenty of liquids.

Hope this will help.
Answered: Sat, 23 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor